Vishnu Vijay is an actor who plays the part of Karthik Prabhu in Sathya that streams on ZEE5. The issue that the series deals with is the conflicts and issues that Sathya, a role played by Ayesha, faces in her life. Apart from this, it also speaks about several social stigmas that are prevalent in society. While doing all this the story of the series does not let you down with its style of narration but in fact, tries to blend in the elements of comedy as well.
Watch the struggle that Sathya has to face in the series.
Recently, Vishnu shared a picture on his Instagram page, which shows him visiting Varanasi.
So, if you too are intrigued by his visit to Varanasi and want to know more about this place, then here are five things…
1. Varanasi is considered to be one of the oldest and continuously inhabited cities in the world. According to some historians, it is believed that Buddha founded Buddhism here around the year 528 BC. The name Varanasi is derived from the name of two rivers Varuna and Asi.
2. According to the popular Hindu belief, death in the city of Varanasi is said to bring salvation. This notion makes it a major centre for pilgrimage.
3. This holy city is also known for its many ghats. Ghats are basically embankments made in steps of stone slabs along the bank of the river, where one could perform ritual ablutions.
4. Of the many ghats in Varanasi, the Manikarnika Ghat and the Harishchandra Ghat, are the places where Hindus cremate their dead ones. This is also the place where the Hindu genealogy registers kept here.
5. Although this place has its share of rich history and heritage, it also has a queer custom. Thus, according to the tradition when the rains are delayed, frogs here are caught and are married to each other. As this act is believed to please the rain gods.
So, what did you find intriguing about Varanasi? Share your thoughts with us in the section given below.
Also, catch up with the latest episodes of the show Poove Poochoodava on ZEE5.